Day 1, Hanoi – Vu Linh, 200 km, 5hr drive ( L , D )
- Meeting at the hotel then transfer by bus or taxi to our car parking .Take the car and start the first day drive to Vu Linh, a small village located 200km in the Northeast of Hanoi.
- Mixture of smooth roads, dirt tracks and small paved roads going through local villages. Enjoy the Red river Delta scenery, farming lands. Meet the daily life in the wild environment. Lunch at a local restaurant or picnic in on route.
- Stay overnight and have special dinner with our friends of the Dao’s minority in a traditional stilt house.
Day 2, Vu Linh – Ha Giang, 200 km, 5 hr drive ( B , L , D )
- Keep driving up North to the high mountain region of Ha Giang, a small town located near China border.
- Mixture of small paved roads and village off-road tracks. Visit many ethnic minorities, including the Dao, H’mong, Tay, and Nung peoples along the way. Lunch in local restaurant. Good dinner and overnight at a nice little resort by the rive.
Day 3, Ha Giang – Dong Van – Meo Vac, 180km, 7hr drive ( B , L , D )
- Continue driving along the China border by taking a small twisty road goes up in the high mountain area, where living the Hmong and Dao minority peoples.
- Beautiful day with many stops for photos and visiting to small local villages along the way. Discover the highest and most beautiful mountain pass of Vietnam.
- Meo Vac is a small town, Capital of the Hmong peoples. Dinner and night in home-stay .
Day 4, Meo Vac – Ba Be, 180km, 6hr drive ( B , L , D )
- Leaving the high mountain region. Drive downhill to get the lower land, country of the Tay peoples. Scenic route goes up and down over many passes.
- Drive across many streams and small river, a great day for off-road drive. Lunch picnic on route.
- Babe lake is the biggest nature Lake in north Vietnam, where the landscape is amazing and the home stay is another unique experience. Dinner and overnight in home stay of a Tay family.
Day 5, Visit Ba Be – Drive to Cao Bang, 4hr drive ( B , L, D )
- Boat trip to visit the lake and its National Park. The park and the surrounding area is limestone country, lakes, waterfalls, caves… The whole area is richly forested and home to many ethnic minority communities.
- Say goodbye to the family, then drive to Cao Bang, a small town where we have the last night of the tour.
Day 6, Cao Bang – Hanoi, 280km, 6 hr ride ( B , L )
- Staying off the main road for as long as possible. Head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi. Tour finished .
Please consider the environment before printing
Join in group departure : 5th Monthly
Group size : Min from 1 to Max 40 cyclists
Tour price : Contact Us
- Standard 4×4 Pickup
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast = B, Lunch = L and Dinner = D
- Accommodation: Home-stay, Resort , Hotel
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Fee to transfer the car back to the starting point in Hanoi.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned on.