Day 1. Hanoi – Mai Chau . 170km, 5hr ride. ( L , D )
- 8.00AM, Meeting at your hotel and transfer by bus to the parking from there you will take the car and start your first day drive to Mai Chau village.
- Mixture of good roads and small dirt roads, village tracks. Beautiful limestone mountain scenery of the Northwestern region.
- Lunch picnic on route.
- Overnight and special dinner in a local house of the Thais Minority family.
Day 2. Mai Chau – Son La, 200 km, 7 hr ride.( B , L , D )
- Continue driving up to the Northwest direction. Discover the off-road forgotten French trail left from the Indochina War time.
- Visit some local villages of minority peoples along the way. Lunch picnic.
- Arrive in Son la in the end of the day, Dinner and night at hotel.
Day 3. Son La – Mu Cang Chai, 180km, 6 hr ride ( B , L , D )
- Leaving the Western land and start to discover the Northeast by taking a twisty mountain road.
- Stop to visit the biggest hydro-electric station of Vietnam on the Black river.
- Stop to enjoy the Hot spring source and have lunch with a family nearby.
- Dinner and night at Home-stay, Thai Family.
Day 4. Mu Cang Chai – Sapa. 200km, 5hr ride.( B , L , D )
- Smooth road going straight towards the extreme northern massive mountain range of the country.
- Enjoy the view from the top of the highest road pass in Vietnam (Tram Ton Pass), over 2000m from the sea level.
- Good dinner and hotel.
Day 5. Sapa ( B )
Free time to relax or join a short walking tour around the area.
Day 6. Sapa – Bac Ha. 240km, 8 hr ride.( B , L , D )
- Drive all the way downhill to Lao Cai town, make a short stop to visit the Chinese border. Enjoy the drive on a small smooth twisty road going along the Chinese border.
- Lunch in a small town. Arrive in Bac Ha in the afternoon, Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 7. Bac Ha – Ha Giang, 240km.( B , L , D )
- Keep driving along the Chinese border. Enjoy the beauty of the thousand steps rice field on terraces. Lunch picnic on route.
- Dinner and overnight at a small hotel.
Day 8. Ha Giang – Ba Be lake, 240km.( B , L , D )
- The scenic route climbs over many passes. Enjoy beautiful mountain ranges and valleys. Lunch picnic. Visit many small villages of the Hmong peoples.
- Babe lake National park is amazing and the home stay is another unique experience. Dinner and overnight in home stay of a Tay family
Day 9. Babe – Lang Son, 230km. ( B , L , D )
- Take a short boat trip to discover the Lake of Babe and its National Park, return to the village and start a 6 hr drive to Lang Son Town, a border City.
- Discover the historical French route No 4c left from the Indochina War. Many stop to visit villages and sites along the drive. Lunch picnic.
- Night and dinner at hotel in Lang Son.
Day 10. Lang Son – Halong Bay, 250km.( B , L , D )
- Visit the Tam Thanh temple (If open). Drive along the Chinese border to discover the spectacular & historical road No 4. Arrive in Halong City in the afternoon, check in hotel, dinner in town, night at hotel.
Day 11, Halong Bay Cruise ( B , L , D )
- Free time in the morning to discover the Halong City with its market and beach. By 12.00PM, check-in for a stunning boat cruise to discover the spectacular landscape of the Bay. Lunch served on boat. The cruise will take you by exotic islets with shapes of Dog, Incense Urn, Sail, Fighting Cocks, which are naturally formed by process of erosion between the see water and limestone mountains. Overnight on Boat.
Day 12, Halong Bay – Ha Noi, 170km.( B , L )
- Continue the boat cruise , then return to the harbor, finish the boat trip and drive back to Hanoi by taking the main road going through the red river Delta.
- Arrive in Hanoi by 5 pm, tour ends.
Please consider the environment before printing
Join in group departure : 15th Monthly
Group size : Min from 1 to Max 40 cyclists
Tour price : Contact Us
- Standard 4×4 Pickup
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast = B, Lunch = L and Dinner = D
- Accommodation: Home-stay, Resort , Hotel
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Fee to transfer the car back to the starting point in Hanoi.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned on.