Day 1, Hanoi – Vu Linh, 180 km, 5hr drive, home stay ( L , D )
Leaving Hanoi and breaking out of the delta plains, we pass through the endless limestone karts scenery and extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads. Lunch in Viet Tri town. Arrive in Vulinh in the late afternoon, here we stay overnight with friends of the Dao’s minority in a traditional stilt house
Day 2, Vu Linh – Ba Be National Park, 200km, 7hr drive, home stay ( B , L , D )
We have two options: one takes us around the very end of the Gam River mountain range, enjoying good riding on winding sealed mountain roads; the other crosses over the very end of the mountain range and takes us through the rain forest on a challenging, rocky road. The Gam River mountain range is the main range of northeast Vietnam. From Tuyen Quang, we continue on sealed road through renowned tea growing areas, where the hillsides are literally covered in plantations, from here just a short drive to the edge of Ba Be Lake. Overnight home-stay in the Tay’s family.
Day 3, Ba Be Lake – Bac Kan. 70km, 2 hr drive, home stay ( B , L, D )
After breakfast, we have 20 minutes drive up north to visit a very nice local market. Return to the village and from there we will have 2 hr boat trip to visit Ba Be Lake. After lunch, we ride to Bac Kan, 2 hr drive. Arrive in Bac Kan in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 4, Bac Kan – Hanoi. 220 km, 6 hr drive. ( B , L )
Leaving Bac Kan, we head south to go back to Hanoi, we will take the small paved roads to avoid the busy traffic. Lunch on route. Arrive in Hanoi in the afternoon. Tour ends.
Please consider the environment before printing
Join in group departure : 25th Monthly
Group size : Min from 1 to Max 40 cyclists
Tour price : Contact Us
- Standard 4×4 Pickup
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast = B, Lunch = L and Dinner = D
- Accommodation: Home-stay, Hotel
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Boat trip around Ba Be lake
- Fee to transfer the car back to the starting point in Hanoi.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned on.